HARD ROCK POTATO SOUP
Resep kiriman Yohana Wu (Oregon).
- 8 slices bacon fried crisp
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 2/3 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups diced peeled baked potato
- 2 cups heavy cream -- 1/4" dice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil 1 1/2 tablespoons tobasco
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coarse black pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup diced green onion
- Chop bacon. Set aside.
- Cook onions in drippings over medium high heat until
- Add flour stirring to prevent lumps. Cook for 3-5 minutes
until mixture just begins to turn golden.
- Add broth (it helps if it is warm) gradually, stirring
constantly with whisk until thickened.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add potatoes, cream, bacon,
parsley, garlic, basil, Tabasco, and black pepper. Simmer
10 minutes. DO NOT BOIL.
- Add cheese and green onion. Stir until cheese melts.This
can be made ahead up to the point of adding the cheese
- Reheat the soup very slowly and gently. Be careful that
it does not boil. Then add the cheese and green onion.
- Of course if there is any leftover it reheats
beautifully. I have never tried freezing it.