BLACK FOREST ICE CREAM CAKE
Resep kiriman Lina Cantwell (California).
Ingredients (serves for 9-inch cake):
1. Soften ice cream at medium power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
2. Fold 1/2 cup pie filling into softened ice cream. Stir to blend. Press
mixture into foil-lined 9-inch cake pan. Refreeze.
3. Place chocolate in microsafe dish.
4. Microwave at high power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, or until melted. Cool
5. In medium bowl, cream sugar and shortening. Beat in eggs. Beat in cooled
6. Mix together flour and baking powder. Beat into creamed mixture
alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
7. Spoon into greased 9-inch microsafe cake pan.
8. Microwave at high power for 4 to 5 minutes or until almost dry on top,
turning halfway through cooking. Cool.
9. Cut cake in half horizontally. Place one layer on cake plate. Spread with
1/2 cup pie filling.
10. Quickly invert ice cream layer on top. Remove foil. Trim ice cream to
fit cake layer. Spread with 1/2 cup pie filling. Top with second cake
11. Sweeten whipped cream. If desired. Frost cake. Place 1/4 cup pie
filling in center of top of cake. Sprinkle cream grated chocolate. Freeze
12. Slice cake right out of freezer.